Call for change makers!
Do you want to obtain more knowledge, skills and experience in making a positive change in issues around human rights and sustainable development? The CATAPA change makers programme will equip you with the right knowledge, skills and network.
About the change makers programme
For the next three years CATAPA will offer a change makers programme as part of the Make ICT Fair project. Each year includes several training weekends, public actions and hands-on activities. This will enable participants to improve their media and lobby skills, meet global activists and learn to raise awareness on complex global issues such as extractive industries.
Change maker programme Year 1
The change makers programme 2017/2018 consists of two weekends of training in which you will learn more about the ecological and socio-economic impact of mining, the financial structures behind those harmful projects and strategies of activism. Besides in-depth knowledge of these issues you will also have the possibility to directly use your knowledge. During the weekends you will participate in workshops wherein you together with your fellow changemakers plan, organise and evaluate public actions.
All activities can be attended separately but we encourage you to participate in the complete trajectory. This will form you as an active citizen and will enable you to obtain a certificate. In addition you will have the chance to participate in a training in the UK in the summer of 2018 together with change makers from across Europe who have been working on the ICT value chain.
What are you going to do?
- participating in the Training weekend (20--22 Octobre)
- participating in the Movement weekend (8-10 December)
- organising events (public actions, campaigns, exhibitions etc.) to raise awareness together with other change makers and experts
- assisting an international speaker during the Open MinED Academic week in March 2018 or participate in the DocuLatino filmfestival
- participate in a Summer training for change makers across Europe (July 2018)
Who can attend?
The change makers trajectory welcomes everyone who is;
- interested in themes of mining, ICT value chains, human rights, sustainable development, North and South relations or other related issues.
- has the willingness to learn and actively contribute to ‘make change’
- has an advanced level of English
Participation fee for each weekends (50 to 70EUR). When you organize activities during this trajectory, transportation costs within Belgium are covered by CATAPA.