CATAPA is looking for a (m/f) Project coordinator European Project NEMO 60% FTE
CATAPA is a volunteering organization, mainly working on topics as sustainable development and alternative globalisation, with a focus on the mining issues and Latin America.
CATAPA works with cases and supports local communities threatened by multinational mining companies in i.a. Colombia, Bolivia, Peru, Romania and Greece.
CATAPA offers a concrete and action based commitment to a broad audience. By awareness raising, networking, research, advocacy work and exchange programmes, it offers alternatives towards a sustainable consumption of metals and minerals. www.catapa.be/en and www.generatietransitie.be/en
The NEMO project coordinator will work from May 2018 till May 2022 for a new European project, called NEMO.
NEMO is a consortium of 14 European organisations, including mining companies, knowledge institutions and Civil Society Organisations ( CSOs)
The NEMO project aims at introducing a new ecofriendly technology for the recycling of metals from mining waste. A new methodology of bio-leaching will be used.
NEMO starts with 2 case-studies :
(1) the Sotkamo mine in Finland
(2) the Las Cruces mine in Spain
In this project CATAPA operates as a CSO, and will represent the perspective of the local communities on the introduction of the new technologies towards other project partners. By organising and facilitating workshops in Finland and Spain, the voice of the local community will be heard and translated to the consortium. Opportunities, challenges and obstacles will be dealt with in the workshops. CATAPA takes care of stakeholder commitment, communication and dissemination in this partnership.
- Coodinating activities and outputs of the NEMO project
- Organising and facilitating local workshops and multistakeholders meetings
- Composing a confidential stakeholders analysis
- Coordinating the dissemination of the outputs of NEMO
- Attending the partner meetings.
- Co-administering the social media: website, Facebook and Twitter
- Carrying out workshops for several target groups
- Networking with partner organisations in the EU
- Managing volunteers in the framework of NEMO
- Coaching thesis students in the framework of NEMO
- Reporting the NEMO project: financial and narrative
- Some assignments in Spain and Finland, i.a. a partner meeting in Finland in late May 2018
- You have a bachelor or master degree in human sciences or engineer sciences or you have comparable experience in these fields
- You have good analytical and critical capacities
- You have diplomatic skills
- You‘re skillful in redaction and presentation.
- You‘re familiar with the common ICT applications
- You have experience in Project Cycle Management
- You have experience in the financial aspect of project management and reporting
- You speak English and Spanish well, and preferably also Dutch
- You are a well-structured organizer.
- Occasional work on evenings and in the week end doesn’t deter you
- Experience in 1 or more of these area’s is a requirement :
Environment problems and actors
Initiating and facilitating multistakeholders processes
Mining (problems of)
- You participate to meetings actively and constructively, you provide the necessary input and you pick up the information relevant for the management
- You have social skills, you pick up the signals in the movement and you channel this into good political decisions
- You ‘re good in cooperating with a diverse group of collaborators (volunteers, interns, employees) and you know how to motivate them
- You ‘re stress resistant and you meet your deadlines
- You ‘re able to work independently, you take the initiative but you ‘re also a good team player.
- Being involved in CATAPA is an asset
- A contract for 60 % FTE, starting from May 1 2018 or as soon as possible (depending on the final approval of the grant period)
- A pleasant work atmosphere in a dynamic young organisation
- A work site in Ghent near to the Sint-Pieters railway station
- Salary according to scale B1b of PC 329.01. Some years of experience will be taken into account.
Candidates can apply for this position by sending a letter of motivation and their CV in English to email@example.com : to the attention of Mr. K. Claes (Board member) until April 15 2018.
Selected candidates will be invited for a practical test and an interview on Friday April 20 (evening).
CATAPA stimulates diversity. Capacities are decisive, rather than skin color, origin, disability or gender
Start of the contract
Probably May 1 2018, or as soon as possible after May 1 (to be confirmed)
Address of CATAPA: K. Maria Hendrikaplein 5/401 (close to the Sint-Pieters railway station) in 9000 Ghent